[dropcap]C[/dropcap]Candidates seeking to represent Ward 21 in the upcoming municipal election have confirmed they will participate in a Townhall Meeting arranged by the Richmond Village Association for September 19th at the Richmond Agricultural Hall.
Both candidates are lifetime residents of the Ward with deep knowledge of the area. Scott Moffatt, the incumbent, is campaigning on his record since his election in 2010 while David Brown is campaigning on a need for change. You are encouraged to visit their websites where you can learn more about both of them, their life experience, their vision and priorities for moving forward. You will find the websites for Scott Moffat at this link and David Brown at this link.
Do your homework, come with your questions/comments for what promises to be a very informative evening. This town hall should help voters make an informed choice this October.
Start time is 7:30 for a meet and greet. Both Scott and David will have tables set up on either side of the room. At 8:00 pm the meeting starts and will go to 9:30pm.
- The meeting will start with an introduction by the host and moderator.
- Each candidate will be given three minutes for their own opening remarks.
- To get things started the host will ask the first question on behalf of the RVA.
- Three random questions will then be drawn from those submitted. (Everyone attending will have a chance to write down a question to be asked of the candidates, it must be signed to be read. Get your thoughts together!)
- Following this, six questions will be taken from the audience.
- Then an additional three from those submitted.
- The meeting will end with the reverse order of candidates having three minutes for closing statements.
The Richmond Village Association invites everyone in the Ward to come out for the meeting and thanks the candidates for their agreement to participate!