by Shirley Reddick
[dropcap]W[/dropcap]What a great celebration of our Village – Richmond. Thank you to all who participated, curling is a sport for all ages, we had 24 teams in the community spiel, 14 teams in our Junior spiel.
Thanks to the Richmond Curling Club for hosting, Sue for administrative duties, Terri for ice duties. The participation from the local businesses, churches, friends and family teams was awesome.
A Bonspiel is successful when you have a committee that puts their heart and soul into the event to make sure it is successful, my committee members were:
Gerry Moore, Nancy Booth, Brenda Moffitt, Colleen Martin, Bob Connelly, Marg Connelly, Barb Fraser, Brenda McConnell, Linda Moore, 200 Anniversary Committee- Joyce Cook, Cydney Green, Maryann Wammes.
Many thanks to our sponsors:
Richmond Curling Club, 200 Anniversary Committee, BrokerLink Insurance Brokers – Donna Gough, Richmond Village Pharmacy, Giselle and Peter Moore
The final championship games were played Sat, March 17th, the teams were welcomed by The Duke of Richmond (John Hartin), Piper – Eric Booth piped the teams on to the ice. A Toast to the Piper was handled by Bill Cook and Club President Brenda Lawton.
Winning Teams :
- Bob and Marg Connelly, Brian and Muriel Laughton
- John and Barb Fraser, Gary and Ruth Maxwell
- Jim Parker, Bill Parker, Ronnie and Amie Harlow
- Ron and Evelyn Dullemond, Brenda and Dave Thomas
- Andy Lawton, Linda Moore, Peter Bishop, Gerry Moore
- Dinah Bryson, Erika Smith, Paul Hayes, Tracy Scrimshaw
- Isabelle Daigle, Zoe Takes, Jenny Madden, Johnathan Humby.
Thanks to all who helped make this successful, teams, sponsors and the community for supporting the “Village of Richmond 200 Celebration”